Due to the state of Emergency for St John’s and surrounding areas we will be closed for today and tomorrow January 20 and 21, 2020. We also have staff in various parts of the city without power and road conditions that does not allow them to travel to the clinic. We hope you understand. We will call to reschedule you as soon as we are able too and do the best we can to accommodate you. Look after each other, stay warm and safe and know we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Each month we hosted a different event and all donations were tallied up at the end of the 5 events and donated to the Janeway during the telethon!
- Since we missed the Jamarama day last October we decided to have our own PJ day in January so, all the staff wore their comfiest PJ’s to work. We got a few weird looks at first, some people thought we forgot to get dressed this morning but, then realized what it was for. We had a great day and managed to raise close to $200!
- As many other workplaces and schools did we participated in Pink Shirt Day for anti-bullying and our staff provided pink themed treats for our clients who donated. Here are some pictures from such a great day! We raised close to another $100 at this event, a huge thank you to our staff and clients for their support so far!
- Is it even March if you don’t do something St. Paddy’s themed? Well we don’t think so! This month we sold tickets on an incredible basket of goodies!
- We sold over 900 tickets and raised nearly $1500 towards our campaign!
- This project was made such a success by our clients and staff and we can’t thank you all enough, stay tuned for more opportunities!
- This month we partnered with out neighbours Bespoke Cycle for a Ride to Raise. This ride was sold out and some of our team went to check it out for themselves, see some of the fun they had below!
- With the $10 donation for admission and tickets we sold on a goodie bag we raised over $450!
- We are slowly but surely reaching our campaign goal. What will May bring? Stay tuned to find out, it’s gonna be a good one!
- This month we sold tickets for a chance to pie the TSL staff. We had such a great response and raise over $700 on this project alone!
- After it all came to a close we had our top five staff members who were going to get pied. Kayley, Dan, Brad, Liv and Kate.
- There are a few pictures here but check out our facebook page to see the videos of each team member getting pied!
- Our staff had an incredible time answering the phones at the Telethon on Sunday morning!
- We definitely can’t wait to go back again next year and take more of the staff with us!
- Our grand total for our January to June for the Janeway Campaign came in at $3500.00
- THANK YOU, we could not have done with without the support of our clients, family, friends and staff!
Welcome our new addition, Emma Dolan Registered Acupuncturist.
Emma is originally from Fredricton, New Brunswick but went to the extremes to complete her education. She came to the most eastern extreme, St. John’s, Newfoundland to complete her Bachelor of Kinesiology at Memorial University and then moved to Victoria, British Columbia to complete a Diploma in Acupuncture at Pacific Rim College. She graduated in 2016 and after passing her board exams has been practicing ever since.
No matter if you are suffering from pain due to tight muscles, fatigue, infertility, anxiety, or sleep disorders Emma will help devise a treatment plan just for you and your specific needs.
On Friday October 12, our staff participated in the Sock IT for Sick Kids and their Families day to support the Ronald McDonald House.
We are proud to say that each and every one of our staff members was involved in this day and we all had a lot of fun showing off our socks, here are some pictures to prove it!
Not only did all our staff members participate but, a lot of our clients got involved by donating money on that day. We want to thank all of you who contributed towards the Ronald McDonald House, our donation cans were filled to the brim at the end of the day.
We are so grateful to be able to support such an incredible initiative and we can’t wait to join in again next year!
Our clinics have been collecting non-perishable food and hygiene items for the last couple weeks. This past weekend, Saturday October 13, we encouraged our staff to come alongside the Northwest Rotary Club and the students of Prince of Whales Collegiate to help restock the shelves at the Salvation Army Food Bank after this Thanksgiving season.
The weather was typical St. John’s rain, drizzle, and fog but, we had a great turnout and a lot of fun!
Our team was in the Clovelly area of town and the people we interacted with were so kind and generous in their giving.
We want to extend a huge thank you to the people who donated items at our clinics throughout the weeks leading up to the big day and individuals who started a collection site at your own place of business. Your contributions will help a lot of people!
Meet Jessica French and Sheldon Roberts, the new additions to our Physiotherapy Team!
Jessica is a passionate runner, aspiring yogi and constantly searching for new adventures. She has always been interested in human movement which became evident when she began coaching at a young age. Her interest in the human body and how it moves grew as she completed an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at Memorial University. From there she obtained a Masters in Physiotherapy from Queen Margaret University in Scotland.
Sheldon graduated from Dalhousie University with a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy and has recently hit his 25th anniversary of treating patients. He enjoys spending time with his wife and step-kids, watching the latest bingeworthy show on TV or Netflix, and continuing his hobbies of hockey and golf. Sheldon is looking forward to the new chapter in his career and working with TSL Physio.
Meet Heather Kennedy, the newest addition to our Massage Therapy Team.
Heather is known for being warm and welcoming too everyone. She decided she wanted to help people as a career, which lead to her enrolment in the Massage Therapy program. Heather is a big time animal lover and in her spare time, she likes to meet up with friends and family, explore the outdoors and maintain a healthy active lifestyle.
Our physiotherapist, Liv, and massage therapist, Kate, had an adventure being a part of Team Canada at the Worlds in Curling this year. Looking after Team Gushue during the Brier they were asked to come to Edmonton to make sure our favourite curlers were healthy and performing to their fullest potential.
Team Canada outranked the rest of the world, including Liv’s native land Norway, and came back to the island as World Champions. Here is a few pictures of their trip with Team Canada.
We moved one location and shortened our name!
After 38 years of knowing the clinic as Therapeutic Services Ltd, we’ve shortened our name to TSL Physio. It is less of a tongue twister and easier to remember.
And after 22 years at Highland Drive, Daniel and Liv bought a new space that we made our home on 55 White Rose Drive. Our Churchill Square clinic remains the same, but the Highland drive crew is now enjoying a new bright and beautiful clinic right next to RONA.
There will be a grand opening as soon as the dust settles, and we are thrilled with the new space. A large bright rehab gym, 11 beautifully decorated private treatment rooms with optional surround sound music, amazing staff that always make the clinic so special and easy parking right in front of the building. Have a look for us on White Rose Drive, and feel free to pop in to say “Hi!” 🙂